Whenever I talk about baking a grapefruit, most people look at me like I’m crazy, but trust me, this is SO EASY and absolutely DELICIOUS. Whether your looking for a light dessert as we head into spring or something new for breakfast, you’re going to want to try this!
What you’ll need:
- Large Grapefruit
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Your choice of toppings: Whipped Cream, Vanilla Ice-Cream, Granola and Greek Yogurt are some of my favorites!
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Cut the grapefruit in half against the grain
- Use a knife to section the grapefruit
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar on each half of the grapefruit. (You can use less or more depending on taste)
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the grapefruit is warm and juicy
- Top with your desired topping. For dessert, I love a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. For breakfast, a scoop of greek yogurt and a sprinkle of granola is great!
via Pink Patisserie
Couldn’t be more ready for this week to end! I’ve got a good book (and a few dozen envelopes awaiting calligraphy) waiting for me at home, but hopefully these links will help us both make it sanely to 5 pm. 🙂
The only thing better than your average pie chart (shout out to pi day!), is one of Annie Friedman’s humor-filled doodles.
You probably can’t grasp how big the solar system is, Josh Worth is here to help. (Bonus points if you scroll all the way through.)
We’re pretty fond of this Made-Up Words Project.
My new favorite weekly read: Fat Kid Fridays.
The new cronut, for those of us who didn’t get to try one at SXSW.
If you haven’t yet read this heart-warming story, do it.
Strangers kissing, because why not?
Favorite Instagrammer: @pinkpatisserie
Best Sale: YOOX
Favorite Food Blog: Eats well with others
Need to know: Sumry, the new resume.
Best Useless Information: Colin Powell took a selfie and it’s perfect.
via Joss and Main
Currently scouring the web for wedding tablescape inspiration. Have any good resources or ideas? Share in the comments below!
For those with a slightly bigger budget, I’ve recently become obsessed with Hunters Alley.
Things successful people have in common.
Who is your state’s favorite artist?
Cats ‘n Abs: A new rap movement.
Because giraffes are cool.
Favorite Instagrammer: @apieceoftoast
Best Sale: Cole Haan (Code: THANKYOU)
Favorite Craft Blog: Confetti Pop
Need to know: Your credit score needs love too
Best Useless Information: AirPnP (how can I invest in this business venture?)
1. Celine Aviator Sunglasses | 2. Oribe Signature Conditioner | 3. Clare Vivier Foldover Clutch | 4. Alexander Wang Perfecto Leather Jacket | 5. Animal Lacquer Jewelry Box | 6. Diptyque Baies Niore/Black Berries Candle | 7. Black Carved Deer Head | 8. Zara High Heel Ankle Boots with Buckles | 9. NARS Eye Paint | 10. AllSaints Viper Skirt | 11. Black Charcoal Pencil Set
Can winter just be over already? Yesterday I was wearing shorts, and today it’s snowing. Something is seriously wrong here. If, like me, you’re needing a little pick me up this Monday morning, you should a) day dream about Lupita’s stunning Prada gown from last night, then b) try this Vitamin C & D rich smoothie recipe.
This recipe is adapted from Martha Stewart Living Christmas Vol. 5 2001.
1/2 Cup Frozen Pineapple Juice (should make about 4 ice cubes in an ice cube tray)
1/2 Cup Frozen Pineapple Chunks
1/2 Cup Frozen Orange Juice
1/4 Cup Fresh Pineapple Juice
1/4 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
1/2 Cup Non-Fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 Banana, peeled
1 Tablespoon Honey
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1. Fill ice cube trays with pineapple juice and orange juice ahead of time and freeze overnight.
2. Blend frozen pineapple juice cubes, frozen pineapple chunks, frozen orange juice cubes, fresh pineapple juice, and fresh orange juice in blender until smooth. Transfer to container and set aside.
3. Blend yogurt, banana, honey, and cinnamon until smooth.
4. Layer pineapple-orange slushy and yogurt mixture in glass, alternating until all ingredients have been utilized. Garnish with an orange slice and cinnamon.
Editor’s Note: I like to make a full ice cube tray of both the pineapple juice and the orange juice all at once, so that when I’m ready to make a smoothie in the morning, the frozen ingredients are already prepared for the whole week. The yogurt mixture is also delicious on its own for breakfast or a snack.
via design crush
Happy Friday! C & I are deep in the throws of wedding planning, and I’m quickly discovering my sanity level is closely correlated with the number of boxes I’ve checked on my checklist. Wedding season in Oregon is a really miniature time window, taking the stress of getting your top choice of vendors to a whole new level. My advice to future brides? If you’ve just got to have your wedding during busy season, plan your wedding for a Friday (if you plan to have your guests booze it up) or Sunday (if you’re looking for a more laid back, brunch wedding). Fridays and Sundays mean way less competition for vendors and venues.
Reception napkins have been the recent focus of debate, but these napkins are so great it makes the choice seem easy.
Brown butter brussels sprouts pasta with hazelnuts. Tell me that doesn’t sound delicious.
Would it be weird to start using these Oscars straws for everyday use? Think of the possibilities! Why yes, that is Ryan Gosling hanging out on my straw…
Speaking of Oscars, can I commission this little designer to create a reception dress for me?
OMG, go eat a cronut for me tomorrow, C.
Favorite Instagrammer: @caitlinclairexo
Best Sale: This badass Saks Fifth Avenue Gift with Purchase
Favorite Blog: Garland of Grace
Need to know: How to advance in a male-dominated world
Best Useless Information: Frame by frame figure skating
1. Sugar Paper Just a Little Notecard Set | 2. Nicholas Kirkwood Orange & Gold Horn Heel Sandals | 3. Collette Ishiyama Diamond Studs | 4. Proenza Schouler Lunch Bag Frosted PVC Clutch | 5. Topshop Satin Stripe A-Line Dress | 6. Ray-Ban Foldable Clubmaster Sunglasses | 7. Alicia Marilyn Rope Stacked Rings | 8. Orange Polka Dot Floral Print Mini Skirt | 9. Astor Dining Chair | 10. Lush Orange Blossom Solid Perfume