has renewed our adventurous side when it comes to beauty. Before Birchbox, I had my staple products from which I never EVER swayed. Occasionally a new lip gloss might make it into the mix, but my beauty routine had become boring. Enter Birchbox’s monthly subscription service that delivers top-tier beauty products to your door, most of which you won’t be able to find at your average department store. So for those of us who live in B.F.E. our monthly treat has become an essential way of staying on top of beauty trends, and has gotten us more excited about primer than any one girl should ever be. Without further ado, we present VOF’s top Birchbox picks that have landed themselves a permanent gig in our beauty routine:
1. Jouer’s Matte Moisture Tint: Long gone are the days that us oily-skinned gals swear off moisturizer. Jouer’s Matte Moisture Tint pulls double duty and acts as moisturizer and foundation (did we mention it contains SPF also???) freeing up your time to soak up some precious summer sunshine.
2. Amika Nourishing Hair Mask:
A poor color job left my ends in dire condition a few months ago, so I was on the prowl for a hair mask that would redeem my fried locks back to their satin-y, soft condition. Enter Amika’s hair mask. It did the job perfectly, so well that I use it weekly to maintain that shampoo-commercial-worthy shine.3. Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture & Volume Spray:
This is hands down my favorite product that Birchbox has introduced into my life. Just a few sprays and my normally fine, flat hair has body ALL DAY LONG. I repeat, ALL. DAY. Body and texture was a completely foreign concept to my hair just months ago, but I’ve now seen the light.4. Supergoop! ‘Daily Correct’ CC Cream:
Color Correcting cream does one millions things at once. Okay, maybe just a dozen things (primer, SPF, foundation, etc.), but CC cream basically covers your entire skin routine which, paired with mascara, is the perfect beauty regimine for summer.
5. theBalm’s Hot Mama Highlighting Powder Eyeshadow and Blush: I’ve even gotten my mom addicted to this one (although, to be fair, she’s always way ahead of me on the beauty curve). The gold shimmer brings a hint of glam not offered with your everyday blush, but is subtle enough to be worn anywhere. Not to mention, the color looks great on all skin types.
6. Benefit Cosmetics Stay Flawless 15-hour Primer: Those ladies who work long days with hectic schedules rarely have time to refresh make-up during the day. This product was made for them, but there’s nothing stopping the rest of us
lazy gals from using it too!
7. Youngblood Anti-Shine Mattifier: Okay, I had to throw in another for my oily complected gals. I discovered this miracle-worker when I was stressing over how to stay shine-free during Mike and I’s engagement shoot. In the summer. In the South. Do you need more proof?
8. Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm: This list would not be complete without a beauty balm. Who can say no to a purifying face cream that hides blemishes and evens out skin tone?