1. KENZO round-frame acetate sunglasses | 2. Nike Roshe Run | 3. The Row Leather Backpack | 4. Victoria’s Secret Cami Sport Bra | 5. Byredo Apocalyptic scented candle | 6. Fujifilm Instax 210 | 7. Madeleine Thompson Cashmere Playsuit (really, who doesn’t want to wear something called a playsuit?) | 8. Zara silk satin ankle strap flat sandals | 9. MAC 163 Flat Top Contour Brush | 10. River Island Lime Box Clutch Bag
Everyone knows that after all the sweets and parties over the Holidays, January is the time to get back on track and feel healthy again. For those of you who read our New Year’s Resolutions, you know that W and I are working to get toned this year before we walk down the isle. The first step to that… working out. W and I will be running a half marathon along with 4 of our best friends. So here it goes, our shameless plug: we are raising money for CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates), a philanthropy we all hold close to our hearts. The race is in 2 weeks, so the clock is ticking… We need help raising money for this amazing organization. If you are at all interested in helping out, we’d more than appreciative. Every little bit counts. Click here to donate.
On that note, to making working out more fun, I always like to start with some cute workout clothes. Here are some of my favorites ON SALE right now. You can look cute and get a great deal too.
What are you wearing for your workouts this season?
In preparation for my upcoming engagement shoot, I did some research on makeup that photographs well. If you’re not a makeup guru, doing your own makeup (for photos that will be around for a lifetime) can be a daunting task. I’ve only recently developed an real interest in makeup, for which my mother is so pleased, but I feel totally behind the curve on perfecting the smokey eye and other beauty trends. Below is a compilation of the best tips and tricks that I’ve found, the best rated products, and some seriously helpful YouTube tutorials.
Tips and Tricks:
- You hopefully already know the importance of SPF in your daily beauty routine, but I’m going to tell you to forget all that, just this once. SPF in your foundation and primers can leave you looking shiny in photographs, so select a primer and foundation without SPF for your engagement photos or big day. If you absolutely require SPF, test out some primers with SPF before the big day by photographing yourself under different types of lighting.
- Your everyday makeup will likely not be enough. Photographs can leave just about any one looking washed out without a decent amount of product. So for your big day, think darker eyes, bolder lip color, and a bit more blush than usual. If the thought of caking on the makeup scares you, check out some expert YouTube tutorials below for foolproof application methods.
- Use you right concealer for different areas of your face. Check out this comprehensive concealer guide from Lauren Conrad for everything you need to know.
- Use a setting powder or spray to extend the life of your makeup. Many brands are coming up with makeup setting products these days, so you may have to test a few to see which one you like best. See our recommendations below for our favorite products.
- Start a beauty regime early and try to follow it strictly to get your skin in tip-top shape. Keeping your skin type in mind, find a moisturizer, cleanser, toner, and mask that works for you. You might also consider getting regular facials. You never know how your skin might react to a facial, so you’ll want to do a test run a few months in advance and get into a regular habit of getting them until the wedding. This also means drinking lots of water, which will also benefit your metabolism. Double duty!
Products for making your look last:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder
- Nurturing Force Blot Out Offensive
- MAKE UP FOR EVER 5 Camouflage Cream Palette
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray
- Dior Antiflash Matte Touch
- Temptu Pro Setting Powder (not pictured)
Best YouTube Tutorials:
- My personal favorite is Jen of “From Head to Toe.” The girl always looks stunning and has some great tips I had never heard before. Check out her Bridal Wedding Makeup Tutorial and her million other helpful videos.
- I could listen to Lauren from LaurenBeautyy talk all day. It doesn’t hurt that she has great product recommendations and covers all areas of the bridal beauty look in one video. Also, can we talk about how easily she puts on those falsies?
- I love Nitraa B’s video because she’s a fellow bride-to-be, and she manages to bring color into the wedding day look without looking crazy.
- Okay, maybe I’ve got a thing for accents, but Lisa Gregory’s romantic bridal makeup tutorial is easy to follow and she does a great job of contouring. Seriously, it’s amazing.
- Noticing a trend here? Makeup artists love their Urban Decay Naked Palette. Sona Gasparian is no exception. She also uses a facial serum with 24K gold in it. How could you not feel like a million bucks?
Here’s to looking beautiful on your big day! Let us know what your favorite wedding makeup tips and products are in the comments! Check back next week for the last installment of our Bridal Beauty Guide.
Missing my MOH today. #flashbackfriday from the last time we were together.
Starting to look up Thanksgiving Recipes, check out these pie recipes: 25 Perfect Pies.
I can’t wait to try this recipe for family dinner this Sunday: Apple Sauce Pork Loin.
Looking for a good Graduate Program, check out who’s producing the most millionaires:
World’s top 100 universities for producing millionaires. We’re pretty proud of Carnegie Mellon ranked at #69!
Searching for a great movie to see this weekend? Check out About Time.
Favorite Instagrammer: @Kelly Anne Moore
Best Sale: The Knot’s Black and Gold Sale
Favorite Wedding Blogger: Elizabeth Anne Designs
Need to know: Best Places to Get Paleo Fast Food
Best Useless Information: Little Known Facts about Thanksgivingr