1. Miu Miu Cotton and Silk-Organza Peplum Tank | 2. OPI Nail Lacquer in Lucky, Lucky Lavender | 3. Tiffany & Co. Heart Tag Earrings | 4. Holden Collection Small Table Lamp | 5. Irving Place Pete’s Wing Chair | 6. Fiurica Oversized Satin-Trimmed Pique Coat | 7. Kate Spade Inspired Dinner Party | 8. Floral Delacorte Bangle | 9. Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh | 10. Dolce & Gabbana Lace-trimmed Strech-Silk Satin Robe | 11. Kate Spade Rialto Place Sally | 12. Finn 18k Yellow Gold Love Knot Ring | 13. Free Valentine’s Printable!
Hello Everyone and Happy New Year! Sorry we took a hiatus over the Holiday Season. I know you all understand how crazy it can get. We hope that you all had a safe and fun Holiday with your friends and family. W and I were both lucky enough to get to travel back home and be with our loved ones. It was a nice relaxing break full of snow, wine and desserts, but sadly all good things have to come to an end. So, here we are, back to reality. As we enter 2014, W and I both have some resolutions that we want to share with you.
- BLOG. Before starting VOF, W and I talked about doing this for a long time. In 2013, we took the step to get this thing going, but it is now time to really see how far we can take it. So stay tuned for lots more from VOF in 2014.
- READ. We admit it, reading is not our strong point. We always make excuses before bed, but this year that will change. We will read at least 30 minutes before bed each night.
- GET STRONG. You all know that the VOF girls will be walking down the isle this year and it will come faster than either of us realize. Of course, dieting is always a thing for brides, but we not only want to be slim. We want to be toned. Let the workouts begin!
- STOP SHOPPING. W and I both love to shop, trust us. This one will be tough, but we all know how expensive weddings can be. We can save a lot of money by not buying the unnecessary extras. I guess we’ll have to live vicariously through you and the Wednesday Wishlist. 😉
- STOP BUYING LUNCH. It is easy to get in the habit of buying lunch at work. When you are tired in the morning, packing lunch does not always feel like the ideal thing to do, but that $10 3-4 times a week really starts to add up. Stay tuned for some great recipes that make excellent lunch leftovers.
These 25 New Year’s Resolutions Every Person Should Actually Make for 2104 from Elite Daily, also has some great ideas that the VOF girls will definitely be taking to heart. We’d love to hear what your resolutions are as well, so let us know what you think!
Cheers to 2013 from VOF!
Who can deny how great a turkey sandwich tastes the day, or maybe 2 days, after Thanksgiving, but after awhile, there are only so many turkey sandwiches and left overs you can eat. However, if you are like my family, you cook WAY too much and have enough turkey to last weeks after Thanksgiving day. Here are some creative and delicious recipes that I came up with this year to use up those leftovers in a fun and scrumptious way.
Slow-Cooker Southwest Turkey Chili: Warning: This recipe is SO EASY and all your friends and family will be impressed, I promise!
2 cups chopped leftover turkey
32 oz container of chicken broth
1 14 oz can of ro-tel diced tomatoes and chili.
1 6 oz can of tomato paste
1 /2 blocks of cream cheese
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
1 Tbs cumin
1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
1/2 of a large red onion, diced
3 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 bag (1 lb) frozen bell peppers
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can corn (drained)
Any other frozen or canned veggies you may like
Salt to taste
Sour Cream (to top it off)
Fresh Cilantro (to sprinkle on top)
Fresh lime (for garnish)
Tortilla chips (to scoop with chili)
Chopped Avocado (for garnish)
Chop all necessary ingredients
Sauté red onion, jalapeño, garlic, and a pinch of salt under onions are soft
Pour sautéed ingredients into a large slow cooker, add remaining ingredients (with the exception of the crushed tortilla chips and cream cheese) along with about a Tbs of salt and stir.
Put the slow cooker on low for 8 hour.
After 3 hours, add the cream cheese. Push the blocks under the chili mixture and let the mixture continue to cook.
After about 1 hour, stir melted cream cheese into chili. You will need to continually mix the cream cheese about every 30 minutes until it is fully incorporated into the chili.
In the last hour, stir in the crushed tortilla chips.
Serve with chopped avocado, a dollop of sour cream, fresh squeezed lime, and chopped cilantro. Serve tortilla chips on the side.
Ranch and Green Bean Casserole Twice-Baked Potatoes: I know this might sound funny, but trust me! This combination is heavenly during this season!
1 Packet of Ranch Seasoning
4 Russet Potatoes
1 cup leftover Green Bean Casserole
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 Tbs black pepper
Sour Cream and Green to garnish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Poke holes in the potatoes using a fork (on all sides) and wrap individually with aluminum foil.
Bake potatoes on rack for about 1 hour, or until potatoes feel soft to touch.
Remove potatoes from oven and remove aluminum foil. Let cool for about 20 minutes, or until comfortable to touch.
Once cool, cut a “canoe” shaped slice into the top of each potato and dispose of the cut out potato skin.
Scoop out center of potatoes and put in a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly, until light and airy.
Scoop mixture back into potatoes, filling the empty potato skins and creating a mound on top.
Bake on 375 for about 30 minutes. Finish on broil for just a few minutes to achieve a crisp on top.
Top with sour cream and green onions and serve! Try adding some leftover turkey to these babies and making them a meal in themselves! 🙂
Try not to drool…
We’re coming off a high from finding C’s PERFECT wedding dress last weekend, and it’s got us in full-on wedding mode. Today we’ve got a list of the best wedding ideas that have caught our attention lately. Enjoy!
A perfect idea for entertaining the younger crowd at your wedding.
They say hindsight is 20/20, so take post-wedding advice from recent brides.
Favorite Instagrammer: @MollyJacques (major calligraphy swooning ahead)
Best Sale: Nordstrom’s Half-Yearly Sale
Favorite Food Blog: Table for Two
Need to know: How to beat airlines at the excessive fee game.
Best Useless Information: Fluffy Bunny. I WANT.
Sipping a warm cup of coffee and reading a novel… One of the many things I rarely have time for anymore (minus the coffee, I rarely go a day with out that 😉 ). Yesterday, one of our favorite blogs, Thought Catalog, posted a wonderful list of 18 Things Everyone Should Start Making Time For Again.
This past weekend W came for one of the most amazing weekends of my life. We went wedding dress shopping and stumbled upon a killer deal for Rag & Bone bridesmaid dresses as well. I’m trying to keep the details a secret, but I cannot wait to share photos with you in the future. The primary realization of this weekend, however, was how lucky I am to have the most amazing MOH and mother in the world, and while I sipped my coffee this morning and read Thought Catalog’s article, it struck a chord with me. Wedding planning, grad school, and work tend to consume W & my lives, and at times we both forget to make time for ourselves, but maybe it’s time to make that change.
I hope you all enjoy this article as much as I did, and maybe it will help you make some changes as we start to approach the New Year.
1. Restoration Hardware Luxe Faux Fur Infinity Scarf | 2. Bobbi Brown Glitter Nail Polish | 3. Ethan Allen Rose and Hydrangea Water Garden | 4. Missoni Home Giacomo Towels | 5. Zara Hooded Parka | 6. Rifle Paper Winter Berries Gift Tags | 7. Suzannah Doris Day Dress | 8. Naturopathica Pumpkin Purifying Enzyme Peel | 9. Amazonian Clay Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow and Blush | 10. Tory Burch Robinson Nylon Duffel
Hi Loves! I treated myself to a delicious (and fabulously easy) breakfast this morning to kick off the festivities of the upcoming weekend. Since I was in a rush (like usual), I grabbed a frozen waffle and popped it in the toaster (you can use a multi-grain waffle if you’re feeling healthy) and just topped it with some goat cheese, fresh blackberries, and a drizzle of honey. You can substitute jam or preserves for the fresh berries when they aren’t in season. Waffles are also a great compliment to savory flavors (bacon, egg, and cheese, plz?).
If you have a bit more time, top with another waffle and throw it on a griddle for a breakfast grilled cheese.
But if you prefer eggs benedict for breakfast, try this recipe.
We’ve found our favorite bag for fall.
Show this guide to your man, so he can “understand” you better. (Remind me to never fess up to reading Glamour because apparently that makes me mean, I’ll stick with InStyle.)
Favorite Instagrammer: @eatsleepwear
Best Sale: Barney’s Warehouse
Favorite Fashion Blogger: Late Afternoon
Need to know: How to cure your shopping problem
Best Useless Information: Cutest Animals on Instagram